Friday, January 28, 2022

January 28 – “Yep. Do-it-yourself-ers. Bad news”

Chris went on in to do some cardiac rehab yesterday.  Counting off those days.  I immediately headed over to Home Depot and grabbed four more boxes.  That was our estimate after we left the book packing job at church yesterday.  And the boom packing went smoothly enough.  I managed to get all of them into two boxes.  The issue came when I switched to the file cabinets.

 

Yep.  I had three of my personal file cabinets up there, holding everything from a massive series of Biblical Illustrator magazines to one complete file cabinet chock full of files that I began in college and haven’t looked through in, oh … twenty years, maybe?  The Seaside-related, more-recent ones I managed to fit into one or two drawers.  They get to stay behind.  The Biblical Illustrators filled one of my extra boxes.  The other box soon became home to the rest of the random files from through the years – stuff like planning notebooks from youth and children’s camps.  All was packed and ready to go … except for that big file cabinet from college/seminary days.  Much pondering went into what exactly to do with it.  Finally, I decided the best course of action would be to pick up three more boxes to hold the contents.  Then the cabinet itself would be more manageable for a move.  Maybe I can accomplish that while Chris is at rehab this morning.  That would finish up the move before Sunday morning.  Gotta say, though, I am not looking forward to picking up even one more box.  Maybe I can wait until Sunday when we have free grandkid labor around …

 

Kel arrived at the church just as I was leaving.  Between the two of us we got the boxes loaded into the truck.  We also made an attempt to fix the lock on the door at church.  A feeble attempt as it turned out.  We managed to make it a little worse, I think.  I connected with our contractor, though, and he actually made his way over right away.  When he asked which door it was, I told him, “It’s the one with the duct tape covering the hole where the lock used to be.”  Yep.  Do-it-yourself-ers.  Bad news.  It took some extra grunts and the proper tools, but his guy got the lock taken care of.  Thanks so much, John. 

 

Luke 6:45 says, “A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart.  For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.”

 

Father, please bless John for his quick response to our lock crisis.  Amen

No comments: