Wednesday, January 12, 2022

January 12 – “… really busy”

Chris headed back to cardiac rehab yesterday.  Since it was pretty cold outside, I decided to stay inside and warm.  Instead, I wrote up the service for the wedding I am doing this weekend. 

 

I also tried to call the UTMB business office for the second day in a row.  I had a question about the bill we received.  Once again they have not yet applied some payments we made way back last year.  Although I understand the conceptual reason behind why they wait – they allegedly are giving the insurance time to clear – I still don’t get why they think it is all right to take my money and use it in their coffers and then bill me for it all over again.  And if I were to pay it again, they would have double use of my money and then have to issue me a refund check. 

 

So, back to my telephone dilemma …

Just like the day before, I was put on hold for five minutes or so, then transferred over to their voice mail.  I dutifully left a second message, referencing the fact that I had already left one.  All this occurred around 8 each morning.  Well, they finally called back last night at 5:15.  Lots of apologies all around.  “We’re really busy,” and all that jazz.  It was a very simple question.  And all they had to do was say they would apply what I had already paid to my account.  Oh, and that I could ignore the statement.  I got the person’s name in case there are any future repercussions.  Done … finally.

 

With all that excitement, I forgot to watch the Baylor vs. Texas Tech basketball game. We got engrossed in a Netflix movie instead.  Silly one about a high school teacher who takes up MMA to save the music program.  Let me just say … it’s a sad day in Waco today.  The number one Bears lost when they failed to sink a last second three-pointer that would have tied the game.  Hope people still show up at Josh’s church on Sunday. 

 

Amos 5:24 says, “But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream!”

 

Father, issues resolutions, even when they take 48 hours to reach a conclusion.  Amen.

No comments: