Friday, December 3, 2021

December 3 – “But then …”

I met the Bug Guy yesterday.  Again.  He was there this time.  On time.  Early, even.  He apologized for the mix-up the day before.  Even promised us a hefty discount on spraying the grass for ants the day before Bethlehem Street Market.

 

Chris stayed home to clean house and get it all Christmassy before home group.  It was probably a ruse to get me out of the way so she could some steps in and do some bending or lifting or some such banned activity.  I stuck around at the church for a while after the Bug Guy left.  I needed to finish what we started as far as cleaning out the office and storage closet.  Big job there.  I got everything hauled back to its original spot, found a new spot for it, or threw it away.  I also got the floors in those areas swept as good as I could.  My final job was to haul all that trash to the bins out by the street.  There was some heavy stuff in there.  But I got it into the car and drove it over and unloaded.  I was beat.

 

But then, when I got home, I found that Chris had been moving king of slow.  She was taking those needed breaks here and there like she is supposed to.  So I did the sweeping and vacuuming and helped with some finishing touches on the Christmassy side.  Finesse stuff, like carrying the storage bins out to the garage.  I thought I was tired before …

 

But then, we still had home group.  It looked for a brief time as if only one person was going to be there, but a few others managed to make it.  The story was a brief one from the Book of Judges about Jephthah and his daughter and a certain foolish vow.  Tragic tale …

 

But then … nope.  That’s all.  We headed to bed. 

 

1 Peter 5:7 says, “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”

 

Father, thank you for all the work we were able to accomplish at home and at the church.  And thanks for letting sleep come quickly.  Amen.

No comments: