Monday, December 27, 2021

December 27 – “Christmas travelers (not us)”

To start out my look at Christmas travelers (not us), I forgot to mention one of my favorite WalMart sightings this year.  You know how the Salvation army has bell ringers and pots out this time of year?  Well, one day they had someone ringing the bell that obviously traveled a long way to get here.  It was the Grinch, himself.  And I guess he had his three sizes bigger heart with him.  Actually, the guy was just wearing one of those massive Grinch heads that WalMart sells at Halloween. 

 

Well, after our resounding 95 people in attendance on Christmas Eve, we bounced back with a hearty 22 on Sunday morning.  Well, 22 plus the ones who joined us online.  I think some people forgot what day it was.  We even had one fellow who came in pretty close to the end of the service.  He explained to Chris that he honestly thought we weren’t having a service.  He just happened to think about it as he watched some TV and decided to drive by to make sure.  Hey, I’m proud of him for coming on in anyway. 

 

Sunday afternoon I for one napped through another Christmas movie.  Then we watched some of the snow football game in Seattle.  Then came a return to the very first Harry Potter movie.  I’m afraid I may have continued my napping session through that one as well. 

 

I had a sort of check-in chat with Kel by text.  He and his family were on their way to Lubbock for Christmas time with Christina’s family.  All seems well with them.  We will see them upon their return Wednesday or Thursday.  Our family Christmas is scheduled for Thursday, I think. 

 

We started out for a walk in the early evening, but our neighbors Corey and Janell had just returned from their Christmas trip to the Dallas area.  We chatted for a long time with them, hearing all about their adventures up in Covid Country.  We missed them at church this week, but it sounds like they had a good time.  It sure is great to have some good neighbors. 

 

1 John 4:11 says, “Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.”

 

Father, thank you for watching over the Geran’s and Kel’s family and Josh’s family as they all hit the road and did some traveling.  Please keep that road safety going for them all.  Amen.

No comments: