Saturday, December 11, 2021

December 11 – “Time flies …”

Chris had her cardiac rehab assessment yesterday.  Re-assessment is more like it.  Everybody there recognized her and asked why she was back.  Looks like a few changes have occurred since she was there last, but not enough to stop her.  She starts the actual rehab next Friday. 

 

Meanwhile I stayed home and worked on my yearly Christmas Carving for Chris.  It’s been pretty difficult this year.  My arthritis has been kicking my thumb joints.  I can’t sit there carving for hours on end like I used to.  Guess I’ll have to lean heavily on my trusty Dremel power tool this year.

 

In the afternoon we went to Seabrook to a funeral for the son of Seaside legend George Weldon.  George helped me out a lot when we first came to Seaside.  Taught me a lot about not sweating the small stuff in life.  His son John was the only contractor we wanted after Hurricane Ike destroyed our house, and he did a fabulous job.  Another of George’s sons, Ben, is the one who died.  Ben’s kids came to Seaside often over the years.  Those kids are grown now.  I even did a baby dedication for one of Ben’s grandkids.  Time flies …

 

Last night we went to the Fire Department management team Christmas party.  It was a white elephant affair.  I ended up with a collection of little bottles of booze.  Fortunately someone saw my predicament and offered to trade.  I came home with a George Foreman Individual Grill.  I would say I’m ahead of eth game on that one.  The gift that keeps on giving. 

 

We are headed out in a few minutes to the Bethlehem Street Market at church.  Gonna be a long day.  Maybe some prayers for Chris if you have a minute or two?

 

Luke 12:40 says, “You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.”

 

Father, please help Chris to take it easy as much as she can instead of being her usual awesomely intense market coordinator/leader self.  Amen.

No comments: