Wednesday, December 15, 2021

December 15 – “Three”

I had a pretty simple, three-part day yesterday.  Chris had her own thing going.  She had a doctor’s appointment in the morning.  Just a check-in (as opposed to a check-up) with her regular doctor.  That would be the one who does anything not related to the heart.  She generally won’t mess with medications, either, since so many of them were prescribed by a cardiologist.  About the only change this time was a blood test indication that Chris is kind of low on Vitamin D.  The doc gave her a prescription, but Chris wants to just try drinking more milk and Vitamin D-infused orange juice. 

 

Part one for me began before Chris ever got out of bed.  I was at the computer again.  Kel is preaching this week, so my time was spent working on preparations for the church Christmas party tomorrow night.  I still may tweak a few things, but for the most part I think I’m ready to go. 

 

Next I moved out to the garage.  That happened when Chris left for her appointment.  I spent the whole time she was gone out there working on the carving for Christmas.  It’s gonna take a lot more tweaking and sanding, but I think I’ll make it. 

 

We came together for the final portion of our day.  For the first time in a long time, we actually went shopping.  Christmas shopping, of course.  We found a few things, but I think we have a ways to go still on that particular list.  I saw a few ideas for things for Chris.  Guess I’ll be making another trip by myself.  Maybe on Friday when she is doing cardiac rehab …

 

Hebrews 11:3 says, “By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.”

 

Father, please help us to be wise in our shopping choices, yet have our usual fun time doing so.  Amen.

No comments: