Saturday, January 7, 2023

January 7 - “A Date”

We took advantage of our one slow day (aka no doctor appointments). Chris went for a walk. Sam stayed in bed. I did my back and hip exercises. I watched part of a movie I had seen before. Snow White and the Huntsman.

 

Update on Chris’ eye. She is still getting the drops four times a day. The sight seems to be getting progressively better, but it still feels like there is an eyelash in it.

 

Last night Chris and I had a date. Been a while since I could say that and not have to explain it. A friend gave us day passes to Moody Gardens, so we strolled hand-in-hand through the Festival of Lights, a mile or so trail of Christmas lights. Gorgeous. We also went to the ice exhibit. Some artists transformed a massive tent into a winter wonderland all carved from ice. The theme was The Caribbean, so there were all sorts of sea creatures and corals, along the expected Christmas trees and a Huge Santa. Of course, my favorite was the wall the honored the Astros as World Champions. There were several jerseys and a model of the trophy. Nice.

 

Great date. Chris, I mean. What we did was fun, too.

 

John 13:34 says,A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.”

 

Father, thank you for the generous gift that enabled us to see the sights last night. Bless the giver. Amen.

No comments: