Sunday, January 15, 2023

January 15 - “Pssst. It’s her birthday”

I dove into working on my newest jigsaw puzzle yesterday. This one is in the shape of the state of Texas. Inside the state boundaries are all kinds of images of things that I guess define Texas. A few of the Galveston statutes made the cut.

 

Last night we joined some other friends at Salsas for a little birthday celebration dinner for Cailyn. We had to wait in line for over an hour, but finally got a table for the ten of us. The food was good. Everyone seemed to have a great time. Cailyn was especially blessed when the guy next to me caught the attention of the waitress and did the whole “Pssst.  It’s her birthday” thing.  It wasn’t long before the whole server team showed up and plopped a huge sombrero on Cailyn’s head and sang a terribly off-key rendition of “Happy birthday to you.”  It was … wonderful?

 

Isaiah 43:18-19 says, Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

 

Father, thank you for Cailyn. Keep her close to you. Amen.

 

No comments: