Wednesday, January 25, 2023

January 25 - “Storms”

Well, I had an early morning. No, really early. My back decided to awaken me with a desire to have a chat. At 2:30 a.m.  Now, I like mornings, but that was not my favorite time to wake up. I finally managed to doze fitfully in the recliner for the rest of the night, right up until Chris showed up around 7. I’m anxious to try out that shot on Monday.

 

The weather arrived. With a vengeance. I don’t mean it just rained, although it did that. In fact, it rained sideways for a while. Yep. Bad thunderstorms and even a tornado watch all day. At one point I was at the front door watching it come down sideways and blow an absolute gale when I heard a thud. And shortly after, what should blow by the front door, but our trash can. Two cars had to swerve to avoid it as it blew past. I took off my glasses and hearing aids. Chris got me a poncho and I took off. It was already filling with water, but I hurried to grab it and started the drag home as fast as I could run. An extremely loud clap of thunder scared the wee-waddlings out of me, and I almost gave up. I kept to the task, though, and managed to get the can back to the house. Whew.

 

Other than the little tornado affair, there was one huge accomplishment around here. After 40 plus years, Chris finally got her wedding ring off. Every time she goes in for a medical procedure, they give her a hard time about having it on. She has tried numerous times over the years and never could remove it. So … victory.

 

1 Chronicles 29:11 says, Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.”

 

Father, thank you for getting us through this storm safely. Amen.

No comments: