Friday, January 6, 2023

January 6 - “Sam’s big doctor day”

Well, this was a busy day among those currently residing in the Vaughan house. It was Sam’s big doctor day. She did save one appointment for the next day, though. She didn’t want us to get bored around the house, I guess.

 

I was up early again, so I went ahead and backed the car into the driveway, so we could more effectively get Sam into the car. I also kicked some the sycamore tree leaves out of the way. I really do need to get those raked up. Been waiting for a day when my back feels like it can withstand the raking and bending motions again - at least for a few minutes. On the list. I’ll get to it.

 

And I guess I got put on notice that I wasn’t to attempt maneuvering Sam in the wheelchair over the two elevations on our front porch. First, Chris yelled at me to call Corey for help. Corey came over to help and between him and Sam, I got a good chewing out. OK. Consider myself notified.

 

Speaking of Sam, she had several appointments. First was just a blood draw. Then a check-in with the oncologist. Because she has been having some reactions to the chemo, he canceled it for this week, so no appointment today. Finally, we went across the street to her orthopedic doc. He gave her a grease shot in her knee. She basically needs a knee replacement, but that’s not in the cards for the foreseeable future. He did say she should use the sore leg as much as possible.  He even ordered physical therapy. After talking to him, she tossed aside use of the walker as a middle step to get in and out of the car. That’s a win. Back home she even walked a couple of steps using her walker. First time in two weeks. She did pretty good, too.

 

We stopped at Gringos for Mexican food on the way home. Chris was overjoyed. That’s her favorite place. Sam didn’t remember ever being there. We all enjoyed our late lunch, then headed home to get ready for home group. It’s been a few weeks since we met, so it was great seeing everyone.

 

Matthew 6:34 says, Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

 

Father, please help Sam as she works on using that leg again. And thanks for the ones who help us as well. Amen.

No comments: