Tuesday, January 10, 2023

January 10 - “Discs in disarray”

Early morning was my turn again. I had a new physical therapy appointment. This time it was for my back. Seemed kind of ahead of the game to go before I see the neurosurgeon, but I guess it is a good idea to go ahead and get the initial observations done. And she “found it.” It didn’t take long for the manipulations to trigger the pain. And that was before she asked me to lie flat on my back. At that point it was “all she wrote,” so to speak. She was confused as to why moving the opposite side leg caused such pain. She did her best to uncover some exercises to help out, but she really felt like the neurosurgeon was gonna order a shot in my back. My discs are all in a state of disarray. We’ll see what the big doc says today.

 

When I got home Jachin, the Yard Guy was here. He had piles of leaves raked all over the front yard, and he told me when he picked up the leaf scoops Janell lent us that he felt like some kind of superhero. Rakeman. Bad leaves, beware. Rakeman is coming for you. He did a really good job. Coming back Friday to finish up.

 

Chris made homemade chicken and dumplings for dinner. One of her specialties. It’s a big pot, but I don’t think it’ll last long. Good stuff.

 

Last night I kind of plopped down in front of the TV to watch the national championship football game. It became evident early that the announcers were all for Georgia. Great example. TCU connects on a long, uncovered pass. Announcers’ take? Georgia’s defense broke down or that never would have happened. Later, Georgia connects on an almost identical long uncovered pass. Announcers’ take this time? What a clever offensive play call. If I wasn’t already rooting for TCU (just because they are from Texas), I definitely would have switched allegiance to them after that little disparity. Don’t get me wrong. Georgia was clearly a better team on the field in that game. Kudos to them on the championship.

 

Acts 3:19 says, Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord

 

Father, thank you for chicken soup and college excitement and a physical therapist committed to doing the best she can with what she’s got to deal with. Amen.

No comments: