Sunday, January 22, 2023

January 22 - “I figured it out”

Was that ever an odd, backwards kind of day. I was up around 4:30. Happens a lot lately. But for some reason I was able to get into a flow. I got quite a bit of desk work done (Been working on revising our wills since the last time we did that we were living in Mansfield and had to assign someone to raise our kids in the event of our deaths) before I even attempted my usual early morning nap at my desk. The nap finally materialized as I found a somewhat comfortable position in my chair. But before long Chris woke up and came in.

 

The rest of the day was very lazy all around. It was cold and rainy outside, perfect weather for the very tasty homemade potato soup Chris put together. And even more perfect weather for watching basketball and working on a new jigsaw puzzle. Lazy day.

 

Oh, and I figured out the perfect medical diagnosis for what Chris has been going through (other than the obvious heart stuff).  Still not sure I should reveal it to her, though.  It’s just so simple, after all she has gone through. The terminology has been around for years and years. I just never had occasion to look it up until now. Are you ready? I am convinced she has … “fits of the vapors.”  Look it up.

 

Proverbs 16:9 says, In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.”

 

Father, thank you for giving Sam a post-infusion night without the really bad side effects. It sure made her happy. Amen.

No comments: