Tuesday, January 3, 2023

January 3 - “REQUIRED”

Chris won the early morning round this time. Oh, I woke up before her (12:30, then 2, when I moved to the recliner).  But she had to be at physical therapy at 7:30. Yep. Actually there and ready to start her eye PT at 7:30 on the nose (hah! See what I did there? Eye…Nose?).

 

My day didn’t become official until 11:15. On the nose. I was REQUIRED (actually, that word was capitalized in the card I received in the mail as well as in the THREE emails I received in the three days leading up to the event) to appear for jury duty. Don’t get me wrong. I have always wanted to be on a jury. But this week? Chris has eye surgery. And I have two MRI’s on my back on Saturday. Not to mention Sam has an appointment somewhere in there.  Not a good time at all.

 

Fortunately, the ladies who check jurors in agreed. The one who took my case heard my plea concerning my wife’s impending surgery, and she immediately said, “Oh, no. We can take care of that right now.”  Working together with my calendar, she rescheduled me for a week in February that should be open. Well, unless my new neurosurgeon has something else to say about it. I see him next week (after my two MRI’s on Saturday). 

 

But now I am free to get Chris up to League City today for her cataract surgery. She’s a little apprehensive about someone coming at her with a scalpel. She said she’s handed off a scalpel to a doctor too many times to want one of them headed toward her eyeball. Sam and I, the old pros at this, have been doing our best to encourage her. I’m sure she’ll do fine.

 

Revelation 3:20 says, Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.”

 

Father, please be with Chris today. Give her peace and trust. Amen.

No comments: