Monday, January 2, 2023

January 2 - “God stories”

I slept all the way to 4 am on New Year’s Morning. Not because I stayed up to watch the New Year come in or anything. Never did get a twinge of excitement from watching the mercury slowly seep out of a massive thermometer in Times Square. I guess it would have been fun to hang out with friends, but then I would have had to drive home. Maybe next year.

 

Nope. I was with the one I love. She kissed me and said “Happy New Year” when she went to bed just as the second half was beginning. Not sure when that was. 9:30? 10:00?  I went on to join her after the third quarter, but I may or may not have watched the end of the game on my phone in bed. That counts as a Happy New Year, doesn’t it?

 

Church was a really exciting time of testimony-sharing. What has God done for you over the past year? A couple of out-and-out sermons and quite a few brief but impactful stories were shared. Even a young couple who just happened to be visiting both shared their stories. Always great to hear from other folks that God is really doing stuff in their world.

 

2 Corinthians 5:17 says, Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”

 

Father, thank you for working in so many lives this past year. Thanks as well that the folks were willing to share their God stories. Amen.

No comments: