Sunday, January 29, 2023

January 29 - “Manual Labor”

I did some manual labor yesterday. At least it was labor for me. Remember the incident when the basketball goal I got for Christmas broke and fell on Nathan’s head? Well, to return it, we gad to take it apart again and stuff it back in the box the best we could. That was my task for the morning. I started it while Chris was walking so she wouldn’t see me lift anything. I definitely felt it, but hey. I’m getting a shot in the back Monday, right?  With some help from Chris here and there, I got all but one section apart. That one is stuck. I’ll need some strong arm assistance for that one.

 

We started a new jigsaw puzzle. Lauren gave us one. It is a patchwork of “Things We Say.”  Very colorful.

 

Chris took off into Texas in the afternoon. She went to the quilt shop to get some material to get started on the three or nine quilts she wants to get done.

 

We watched some really exciting basketball games. A&M. Baylor. Houston. All won really close games. Texas? Not so much. They lost by about ten. Lots of fun.

 

Ephesians 6:11 says, Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devils schemes.

 

Father, please be with Chris as she starts on those quilts. Working on those things really seems to make her happy. Amen.

No comments: