Monday, January 16, 2023

January 16 - “Off and on”

There was a great crowd at church. Pastor Kel started a teaching series on the book of Micah. Worship pastor Jim sang a Casting Crowns song, my favorite current musical group. And to top it off, we had tamales among the myriad of other offerings at dinner on the grounds. That’s a good day right there.

 

In the afternoon, I worked on my jigsaw puzzle off and on, watched football playoffs (again, off and on … mostly off), and listened in as Chris and Sam had a big powwow on quilting. Not that I understood what they were talking about. The three of us watched a new movie starring Reba McIntyre where she is the new judge in her small Nevada hometown. Felt like one of those two hour pilot episodes for a new series.

 

Later, Chris and I managed to sneak in another movie that we had taped. Hallmark RomCom, of course. Then I ended up watching the end of the football game before I went to bed. Chris had already crashed before me. So had Freddy. In our bed. About two inches from Chris’ face. I helped her to her own bed so we could all get a little sleep.

 

Psalms 143:8 says, Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.”

 

Father, thank you for one more day. Amen.

 

No comments: