Friday, January 20, 2023

January 20 - “Sick Nick”

Chris was first up yesterday. She had another physical therapy appointment for her eyes. Before she left, she expressed rather strongly her intention to make this her very last one. In her words, “I’m sick of Nick making me sick.”  OK. To Nick’s credit, it was his job to make her do things to challenge her body to get through the times when she feels like she is going to pass out. How else can you do that except to put those eyes through their paces?  Well, let’s just say he once again lived up to his nickname, Sick Nick. Oh, and what happened with the cutting him loose? Nope. One more visit. Training is hard.

 

It’s been fascinating to hear from quite a few people who had actually heard of that kitchen syndrome and the table launch pad test (OK.  Yes, I’m talking about P.O.T.S.). Thanks for the info and encouragement, everyone.

 

I did get to leave the house for a while. I had a different kind of appointment. Well, actually, it was my hair that had the appointment. I went along to meet with my phenomenal barber (er, hair stylist?) named Suzanne. She did her usual great job. No hair tickling my ears anymore.

 

Home group was on again, being Thursday night and all. We are well into the life of Samuel now. Well, by “well” I mean he’s at least in his 20’s. And he’s well-respected as a judge. We even did some geography of a battle. Great fun.

 

Psalms 18:2 says, “The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”

 

Father, I guess Chris getting sick is part of her road to eye health. Please give her quick relief.  Amen.

No comments: