Monday, November 22, 2021

November 22 – “Thingamabobber”

Very big day in church yesterday.  Well, in terms of attendance, anyway.  For us.  I counted 63 folks.  That makes quite a crowd.  We had several visitors who were new to the community.  They plan to be back next week.  Several others were in town for the weekend or for a week or so.  In other words, a typical crowd, just a few more than usual. 

 

On top of the big crowd for worship, we had a lot of folks stick around for our third Sunday dinner on the grounds.  Always a treat.  Lots of Thanksgiving-type fare made it to the table.  After the meal, Kel and I met with the Transition team.  They were just checking up on our progress, and they wanted to start planning toward the day of my retirement and Kel’s installment.  We even had two extra bodies on hand to listen in – Noa and Ezra.  She is here helping me write this blog, so I wouldn’t forget her presence.

 

After the meeting we headed back to the house, where Nathan and April were waiting.  They brought Cailyn over to spend the night so she could help Chris out with turkeys and cookies today.  Kel’s family was here, too.  And later they all left.  Well, not all of them.  Cailyn, of course stuck around.  That was by design.  But Noa and Ezra decided they needed to stay as well.  They found plenty to do.  Ezra loaded up the dolly with empty boxes and wheeled them out to the truck bed.  He loves playing delivery man.  In fact, he told us that all he wants for Christmas is a red dolly.  Later the three kids had races in the front sidewalk up and down the street.  Cailyn led the way on the scooter.  Noa and Ezra followed on two of the big wheel trikes.  Old DadDad lagged behind on foot.  Up and down, up and down.  Got in some good steps …

 

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also fixed the toilet in our master bathroom.  Not that I am some master plumber or anything.  I just had to run up to WalMart and get a replacement part for the innards that stopped working.  No idea what it is called, but it’s the thingamabobber that turns the water on and lets the tank refill.  Then it turns the water off when it gets to the right level.  This one stopped turning the water off.  Leaving it would make for a pretty high water bill.  Easy enough fix.  Done and done.

 

Psalms 91:2 says, “I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.’”

 

Father, thank you for the fun we had with Noa and Ezra and Cailyn last night.  They are pretty cool kids.  Amen.

No comments: