Saturday, November 20, 2021

November 20 – “Date Day”

Chris and I had a big Date Day yesterday.  At least I think it counts as a date.  I mean, we were together and all.  And we held hands every now and then.  That puts it over the top, doesn’t it? 

 

Our day started with a trip to the craft fair at Moody Methodist Church.  See? I told you it was a grand romantic day.  We went to the fair.  They do that in all the movies.  We do try to go to this one every year.  It is probably the second most important one on the island.  Second only to the one at that little church in Jamaica Beach – Seaside.  Theirs is called Bethlehem Street Market.  It doesn’t happen until December 11th, though.  That’ll be another date day … Wait.  No it won’t.  Chris is in charge of that one.  And most of the time I’m pretty much a go-fer.  You know, go fer this and go fer that.  It’s a lot of fun for me.  Chris has all the headaches.  But back to the date.  We saw several Seasiders, past and present.  Rick and Traci, Laura, and Jim and Pat, to be specific.  Rick and Traci were just shopping like us.  Laura has her goat milk products on display, and Jim and Pat do some pretty amazing jewelry.  Go see them, today and buy something.

 

The next part of our date was lunch.  You kind of have to eat if it’s going to be a high impact date, right?  At Chris’ suggestion we went to Shrimp n Stuff.  That’s my favorite spot.  I think she felt sorry for me since we had Mexican food (her favorite) on Sunday for lunch, then I had it again at the meeting I went to Sunday night.  Overload, for sure.  It was a really pleasant meal.  The ambiance is totally relaxed, and we were there before the heavy lunch crowd.  Umm.  I mean the crowd was numerous.  That was not a comment on individual weights

 

After lunch we split up for a time.  I had to go to the doctor’s office for a couple of shots.  Covid booster and flu shot at the direction of my doctor.  Chris just couldn’t stay away from me for very long, though.  She just had to drive over to the doc’s office to see me again.  I think she must be in love.  Actually, it also might have had something to do with the fact that I forgot my Covid card, and I needed it to official-ized after the booster.  She graciously brought it up to me.  Actually seeing me was just a bonus …

 

Back home I had to go online and record the dates of several of the shots and procedures I have had done over the past year.  My insurance company bribes me with a VISA gift card to get them done.  Just earned myself $45, and I didn’t even have a co-pay on the visits they were concerned about.  Bring ‘em on.

 

We ended our romantic Date Day in front of one of our favorites – a Hallmark movie.  We were going to go out for dinner as well, but lunch took too much out of us.  Or Maybe I should say … it put too much into us?

 

Romans 12:2 says, “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will.”

 

Father, thank you for the friends we got to see at the craft fair.  Be with Rick and Traci in their medical woes.  Help Laura and Jim and Pat have a successful day today.  And thank you for the great date I had.  After forty-leventy years together, I can certainly say … she’s a keeper.  Amen.

No comments: