Thursday, November 18, 2021

November 18 – “Me ‘n’ Vanna”

It was catch up day again for me around here.  Started out when I had to respond to a text while we were doing our two-mile walk.  That meant Chris got ahead of me by several strides.  It’s hard enough for me to keep up with her pace when I’m concentrating on it, much less when I’m answering important issues on the phone.  I managed to catch back up on that one.  Back home I completed the request made on that text.  Then I spent some time going over the sermon for Sunday.  All part of the catch-up from going to the convention earlier in the week. 

 

There was somewhat of a celebration as well.  Chris finished the latest quilt she has been working on.  That meant I got to do my Vanna White impression and hold it up so Chris could take some photos.  Of course, the big difference between me and Vanna is that I am required to stay behind the quilt.  My best features in these quilt modeling sessions are my knuckles, as they hang over the top, and occasionally my ankles, if Chris’ camera aim is a bit too low.

 

Last night I went to fire station one to pick up a book.  The crew was there giving tours of the new station.  I had a chance to chat with five or six guys on shift as well as Big Chief Charlie.  That’s Big Chief in the sense that he’s in charge of the whole department.  Has nothing to do with girth, mind you.  Hah.  “girth.”  I’ve always wanted to use that word in a sentence instead of in a crossword puzzle.  It actually means “circumference.”  Now you can make it a part of your vocabulary as well.  Feel free to use it “around” town.

 

1 John 4:7 says, “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God.  Everyone who loves ahs been born of God and knows God.”

 

Father, thank you for the chance once again to see some of our fire fighters.  Always great to check in on the family.  Amen.

No comments: