Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 25 – “Workday frenzy”

 
 
Yesterday I underwent one of those workday frenzies like I used to have all the time way back when I was much younger and had much more stamina.  I started around 6:30 and rarely stopped until after 5:30.  The biggest part of the day I spent creating a church history teaching for the pastor's class we started before church on Sundays.  That meant digging through two different church history books as well as two online world history sources.  Then I had to put all of it together in some kind of presentable order.  A lot of that I had already done in the days preceding this marathon.  The daunting task facing me now is coming up with a powerpoint presentation to go along with the teaching.  I don't want to just lecture for 45 minutes.  I want to have something to look at that will spark some discussion.  Of course, the group that has been coming to the class up to this point is not afraid of creating their own discussion topics.  But the pictures and information on the screens may help me bring them back to the task at hand when needed.  Maybe.
 
I also finally got a call back from the church's lawyer.  Several years ago we gave some folks permission to use the church property to graze their horses.  That has morphed over the years into a full blown horse riding rental outfit.  The business aspect on our property changes a lot with regard to insurance liability, so the lawyers want to talk to the business owner and set up a lease agreement.  I have to go out there today and set up a time for the telephone chat.  Hopefully they will see something like this coming and be amenable to the proposal. 
 
The other excitement yesterday was interspersed throughout the day.  Its name was Cailyn.  Her dad was at work and her mom was doing clinicals for nursing school up at St. Joseph's Hospital in Houston.  She has been really good at letting me work when she's here, but every so often she can't stand it and needs a little DadDad fix.  I think Chris puts her up to it as a ruse to get me to walk around a little bit.  She's always looking out for my creaky old rheumatic bones.  I love that woman. 
 
Psalms 18:1-2 says, "I love you, O Lord, my strength.  The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.  He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
 
Father, help us get this lease thing taken care of so we can concentrate on you again.  Amen.

No comments: