Monday, July 2, 2012

July 2 – “We are home”

 
 
We are home.  Well, actually I'm typing this in the car because we are taking Taylor home to Victoria.  We were supposed to meet her Dad in Bay City but the text didn't go through right away.  We are just going to head them off somewhere on the road.  That'll be fun. 
 
This should bring my blog entries up to date.  I had internet service one day while we were in New Mexico, so I put up what I had at that time.  The rest went up today.  Hope you didn't mind the song verses to summarize our camp week.  I do that every year to give them some kind of keepsake of our time together.  Seems fun for them, and I really enjoy waking them up in the morning with a rousing rendition accompanied by my ukulele.  There is another chapter to the song, but that won't be revealed until the reunion party at the church on the 15th, which you are invited to, by the way.  All of you.  It's dinner on the grounds and then a party.  How can you resist? 
 
OK.  Taylor is in her Dad's truck headed back to Victoria.  We are headed back to Galveston.  Pretty soon we'll get back into the "routine that never has been a routine" that is our life right now.  Vacation Bible School started at Seaside this morning.  I heard we had thirteen kids signed up.  That's great.  I've been praying that God would send us a new group of kids and call someone out to minister to them.  Can't wait to see what that will look like. 
 
Josh and his family are scheduled to be here tomorrow night.  We are pretty excited about that too.  I also have a wedding Friday night and Micah's birthday party is Saturday.  Taylor saw our schedule and summed it up this way, "Y'all sure are busy."  Yes.  We are.
 
Psalms 7:10 says, "My shield is God Most High, who saves the upright in heart."
 
Father, thank you for busy.  And thank you for rest as well.  Help us keep a balance.  Amen.

No comments: