Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 18 – “Wait ‘til next chair”

 
 
I began feeling the post-camp, world in still in motion, blues yesterday.  I guess I can't blame it on camp.  I must confess that I get them every so often no matter what is going on.  I try not to pay attention to them unless they hit sometime before noon.  Any time after that and I can appeal to my "joy comes in the morning" sensor and get through it. 
 
I woke up at 4:30 and went ahead and stayed up.  One good thing about that was that I finished the blog post before I had to go over to Cailyn's house and wait for her to wake up so she could come over.  I didn't take the computer this time, since she woke up so early last time.  And of course this time she slept until almost 8.  There was a lot I could have done other than the crossword puzzle I got started on.  It was worth being there, though.  She starts her morning crying out for Mommy and Daddy, and when she saw me it was a surprise.  I love surprises. 
 
After we got back home I did get a lot done on the sermon, but it just didn't have the usual fun feel to it.  I was even able to finish the home group study for Thursday.  Mom was in a fog again when Chris got her up.  And it's hard to concentrate with Cailyn here wanting to play.  With the two of them, though, it would be really hard for Chris to handle by herself.    
 
When Cailyn went to sleep at nap time I finally went into the garage and sanded on one of our chairs.  We're trying to redo a few of the ones we salvaged to match a table some friends are giving us.  But we haven't seen the other table yet.  Just gotta hope it ends up close.  This particular chair has a broken slat in the back, so I'll have to glue it before we stain it again.  I did most of the sanding by hand.  Then as I was putting away the sandpaper, I found a little drum sander attachment for the drill.  That would have been helpful.  Then I found a full sander attachment for one of those round sandpaper things.  That would have really been helpful.  I stuck it on and ran it over some places that I was going to have to do again anyway.  Oh, well.  To borrow from (and pervert) the words of the old New York Mets and Chicago Cubs, "Wait 'til next chair."
 
Psalms 15:1-2 says, "Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary?  Who may live on your holy hill?  He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart"
 
Father, I want to make it to your holy hill.  Help.  Amen.

No comments: