Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16 – “Your love never fails”

 
 
We had a great youth-led service at church yesterday.  I was very proud of them.  They kept the focus on worship and on communicating what they learned about Jesus at camp.  Even the younger guys did a good job staying on task.  There were two or three that came very close to qualifying for sermon status, and with Kelly's (our youth intern) gospel presentation, the worship experience was pretty much complete.  We even got to sing my favorite song from camp.  I don't know the name of it, but the chorus is quite catchy.  It's a prayer:
                            Your love never fails
                            It never gives up
                            It never runs out on me
That's a message worth remembering. 
 
The congregation did some powerful encouraging as well.  It was a fitting way to bring the idea of unity together in everyone's mind.
 
After the service we had a party.  It was already the third Sunday of the month, so that is our regular dinner on the grounds time.  Lots of people stayed, too.  Good food.  Several slide shows of camp pictures.  Door prizes.  Laughter.  Bad singing (that would be by me, but then, I'm a Nut).  All the makings of a great party.  Now we start planning for a True Love Waits emphasis in a few weeks.  Ain't youth ministry grand?
 
Psalms 13:5-6 says, "But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.  I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me."
 
Father, thank you that your love never fails.  That is encouraging.  Amen.

No comments: