Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 10 – “Highly necessary, but weird”

 
 
I didn't leave the house yesterday.  It was a very strange feeling when I realized that.  It's not that I was confined for a specific purpose.  I wasn't being punished.  I wasn't ill.  I wasn't even staying in because it was raining outside, although that was a great sight to see.  We really needed the rain.  It was just one of those days when I had a lot of work to do, so I spent the vast majority of the day in front of my computer.  I prepared a Bible study and a worksheet for our youth meeting Wednesday.  After the Bible study we will be preparing for the youth led service coming up Sunday.  So I guess you could say I was planning for planning.  Sounds weird.  Highly necessary, but weird.  It usually takes just as much work to prepare for a planning meeting than it does for the event itself.  I also did the notes for our home group study on Thursday.  It's been two weeks since we have met, so I'm wondering how many will remember to come.  I'll add that to my to do list – email home group.  I also began the reading in preparation for a new pastor's class study.  The group is interested in following church history on through the ages.  That'll take some work to prepare. 
 
Mom is still about the same.  Chris took her over to Libbie's Place yesterday and they were quite concerned as well with the drastic decrease in cognitive ability.  We were able to get an appointment with the doctor for later today just to make sure there is nothing physically wrong like an infection.  I think we have reached another milestone in caring for her.  It gets harder and harder from here.  It feels weird being in the position of caregiver for the ultimate human caregiver – your mom.  Highly necessary, but weird.  Chris is amazing, though.  She treats Mom with a mixture of patience and love and firmness that is perfect.  I'll do what I can to keep Chris encouraged.  Some extra praying wouldn't hurt, though.  Bring 'em on. 
 
Psalms 9:11-12 says, "Sing praises to the Lord, enthroned in Zion; proclaim among the nations what he has done.  For he who avenges blood remembers; he does not ignore the cry of the afflicted."
 
Father, we don't need any avenging right now, but we do feel afflicted.  Hear our cry for Mom.  Amen.

No comments: