Sunday, July 3, 2011

June 27 – “I’m a Nut 2011: Day One”

 

I'm a Nut – Centrifuge 2011

 

I'm an acorn, small and round

Lying on the cold, hard ground

Everyone walks over me

That is why I'm cracked, you see

 

Chorus: I'm a nut.  I'm a nut. 

I'm a nut.  I'm a nut.  I'm a nut.     

 

Called myself on the telephone

Just to see if I was home

Asked me out for a little date

Picked me up about half past eight

 

Took me out to the movie show

Stayed too late and said let's go

Took my hand and led me out     

Drove me home and gave a shout

 

Plans began for this event

Facebook posts received and sent

Will Randy's suitcase hold all her clothes?

Will Lora out herself in girlie girl mode?

 

Met at seven, drivin' by eight

We're three down, but now can't wait

Mainland gang ate burritos

Shipley's fixed our hunger woes

 

Mike's exit count was off a bit

Count again, again he missed

Demetrius stepped up you see

Said, "Don't we still pick up Casey?"

 

Vans all loaded, photos fine

On the road, it's not yet nine

Rita spilled coffee on her back

Dampened Kelly's laptop sack

 

Test on DQ's history

When did ice cream go dilly?

Franchise markets make a loop

Gatesville, Texas, has beep-boop

 

Thor is Trav's super hero

For Taylor that's too much info

For Mama Chris it's Underdog

And Spiderman's Lora's heart throb

 

Temp in Lubbock one sixteen

Hotter than we've ever seen

Saw old friends from long ago

Philips fam and Kim, you know

 

Carson's bug body was best

Trey put Cody's three's to test

April's scarfed down just ice cream

Meta cue ni lee a sheem

 

Pk taught some crazy games

Buglegs, blobs, and blips their names

Jim and Jimmy played some songs

Then to bed this day was long

 

Proverbs 16:22 says, "Understanding is a fountain of life to those who have it, but folly brings punishment to fools."

 

Father, help these kids come to understand you so they can have your life.  Amen.

 

No comments: