Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 26 – “Kingdom of God”

 

We went to another child dedication last night.  This one was in Kingwood. It involved another child who had recently been adopted.  Chase was as cute as he could be, and did a great job of swinging with the punches.  There were quite a few guests, including his grandmother and great grandparents from Virginia.  So that's a lot of strangers for one little almost one year old to contend with.  He handled well the part where his Mom handed him to a Christian friend to symbolize their presenting him to God.  I have to say, though, that he was quite relieved to return to her arms moments later. 

 

The thing that struck me about this particular family was his bedtime.  They told us he goes down for the night around 6:30 p.m. and stays asleep until eight or so the next morning.  What some parents would give for a child to sleep like that. 

 

I heard back from the group who was doing a Backyard Bible Club at Seaside last night.  They had no kids come, even after scouring the neighborhood and beachfront that afternoon.  Their leader was afraid I would be upset, but I assured him that was the nature of the beast in a resort area ministry.  Come to find out one of his other teams was overwhelmed with children at an apartment complex, and the apartments next door to that one were requesting a club as well.  I told him it looked like that was where God was working this week, so he should probably reassign the Seaside team to give them some help.  After all, this is about the Kingdom of God, not the kingdom of Seaside.  I can't wait to hear what happens over there tonight.

 

Oh.  Physical therapy at 8:30 this morning.  I have been a good patient this week.  Been doing my neck exercises every day.  They are not at all difficult, and they don't take that long to do.  But I guess they are highly specific in their target area, because every time I finish I am sore.  That makes them a real p[ain in the neck.  Literally.  And today I'm supposed to learn the exercises for my lower back.  This promises to turn into quite the workout.

 

Proverbs 20:24 says, "A man's steps are directed by the Lord.  How then can anyone understand his own way?"

 

Father, there are plenty of times when I don't understand my own way.  Thanks for being there.  Direct away.  Amen.

 

No comments: