Monday, July 25, 2011

July 25 – “Flower girl twirls”

 

Great quote from Cailyn at church yesterday.  "Baby Jesus wore a diaper, too."  That's my girl.  It was great to have lunch with her and her parents.

 

We had another great service.  It's always great when we get to do a baptism.  The tech team almost finished getting all the tech stuff installed through the ceiling and walls so you can't see any cables on the floor or hanging from the ceiling.  Looks great.

 

And then I had a wedding at a place called the Lyceum.  I thought I had never been there before, but turns out it looked very familiar when I arrived.  When I told Chris exactly where it was she remembered the connection.  We went there for an Octoberfest thing a few years ago.  The building was full of booths and people back then, though.  Yesterday it was cleared out and really looked nice for the wedding.  Lots of wood.  I liked the wood more than the floor to ceiling stained glass windows. 

 

Apparently the starting time changed and no one told me about it.  I was ready to begin at 5:00, but the wedding party didn't even arrive until 5:15.  We started a little after 5:30.  While we waited I got to know the flower girl a little bit.  I don't know if she was kind of scared or if her Mom was just obsessive, but Mom had her practicing dropping flower petals in the room next to the chapel area.  Over and over.  I finally suggested that she do a twirl just before each drop.  Then I suggested that instead of casually dropping them, she should toss them into the air and get in the twirl before they hit the ground.  The little girl kind of liked the idea, but when she looked to Mom for approval, Mom was horrified at the suggestion.  Just the idea was enough to get to her, but the fact that it came from the pastor and he was keeping a straight face totally confused her.  She finally managed, "I don't think that would work in that dress, Honey."

 

Proverbs 20:15 says, "Gold there is, and rubies in abundance, but lips that speak knowledge are a rare jewel."

 

Father, I haven't seen all that many rubies or very much gold, but please help me be careful to speak with your knowledge.  Amen.

No comments: