Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18 – “It was a good day”

 

For the second week in a row we had a packed house at church.  The music was great, but I sure have missed our violin player.  Hope he's back soon.  Chris counted around 70 people there.  That almost fills up our present setup.  Several large families visited.  One family said they just moved to Sea Isle, and they would definitely be back.  And several of them said afterwards that they really enjoyed worship.  The folks who went upstairs to see the mural were almost as amazed as I was.  All in all, it was a good day.

 

Not to mention that it was dinner on the grounds week.  Everybody brought dessert.  Actually we did have a casserole that Chris made and some potato soup that David made.  Kelly then came in with some cold cuts, and someone else remembered some barbecue frozen in the freezer.  We had more than enough.  It always works out.  God is still in the multiplying food business.

 

After that we had a great meeting of the "Miscellaneous team."  The group was created last week to figure out what point people we need for various ministries of the church and what their roles and responsibilities should be.  Great spirit of unity and cooperation among the group.  Everyone seemed very excited about where we are headed.

 

I hoped to go to the movies in the afternoon, but we decided to stick around the house.   Chris had a headache and I wasn't sure I could stay awake.  So we decided we would go today.  But then I got a call asking if my 11:00 marriage counseling appointment could be changed to 1:00.  Great.  Now I don't know if we'll get to go this afternoon either. 

 

Last night we watched the rest of the shows we had saved on TV.  We even watched the movie we had on hand – The Adjustment Bureau.  Very strange philosophy/theology involved concerning free will and the role of angels.  I have to think about that one.

 

Proverbs 19:20 says, "Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise."

 

Father, thank you for sending folks to me all the time with good advice.  Help me be a receiver.  Amen.

No comments: