Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 6 – “You never know”







I went fishing yesterday for a few hours. The water was calm and green. The temperature was not too hot. Actually, it was perfect conditions. Even the bait I got was just the right size. I waded out into the Gulf and caught … a bunch of hardhead catfish and one whiting worth keeping. You just never know about fishing. I did see Nathan while I was out there, though. He saw the truck and stopped to say hi. He couldn't join me, though. He was cleaning pools one of his other jobs.





Since we spent last week at camp, we had to make a WalMart run. Chris and I had a discussion with one of the WalMart checkers about how crowded it was this weekend on the Island. She has worked at WalMart for 12 years and this past Sunday was the first one she had ever worked. She said she'll never do it again. At one point traffic coming onto the Island was backed up clear to Bayou Vista. I haven't seen that since one of the first Kappa weekends. She said it was good that people were spending money in Galveston, though. Very pleasant conversation. Try it sometime.





Jachin and Micah and Josiah brought their Mom by for awhile. They had been to the library. We excavated a dinosaur skeleton out of a block of sandstone. Interesting educational toy they picked up on their recent travels. While they were here some people came by to talk about a wedding I'm doing in September. The bride, her mom, and her little sister. Little sister spent the whole time texting. We stayed in the office, and the boys stayed in the den. Good thing. Micah threw up while they were here. Chris and Christina were able to keep it pretty quiet, though. I had no idea what was going on. I told him it was a good thing I didn't know. I'm one of those who would have joined him. He puked one more time in the car as they were leaving – after I had returned to the house. I was hoping he could make back it to LaMarque before he let loose again. Then he could feed all those country critters around their house. Like that kitten that showed up in their garage the other day. I understand it's gone now. Wonder if one of the snakes got it.





Today we head for Austin to do a child dedication for some friends who are adopting two precious little sisters.





Proverbs 17:17 says, "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."





Father, thank you for friends who are scattered around the world. Amen.


No comments: