Friday, July 15, 2011

July 15 – “Doctor / pharmacy communications”

 

We did some teacher interviews for Seaside Christian Academy yesterday.  There were three really good candidates.  The team is praying about it for a few days and will decide Sunday.

 

The Vacation Bible School finale was yesterday as well.  The week proved to be lots of fun.  All the parents were very pleased.  The visiting group from Fort Worth provided an abundance of gifts for the kids.  Lots of pictures were taken, and goodbyes were said.  I even got a thank you note from one of the parents and a donation from another. 

 

The group leaves this morning.  The mural they painted is amazing.  Several walls have been painted.  Handrails have been sanded and painted.  They even surprised us with some landscaping in front of the church.  One of their workers was a landscape architect.

 

And now we move on to the next thing.  Jachin and Micah and Josiah are coming over for awhile this afternoon so their Mom and Dad can go on a date.  I guess we'll be taking Taylor and Cheyenne back to their Mom and Dad tomorrow.  I guess it'll be sometime next week before I get to see the last Harry Potter movie.  I hope it will be before it comes out on DVD, anyway.  I never did get to see Green Lantern.

 

I made it through last night without the medication for nerve pain.  I was worried that I might wake up with those crazy, piercing, explosive pains in my big toes.  Didn't happen, though.  That's encouraging.  Today I'll call the doctor's office again and see why they didn't do what they promised faithfully they would do yesterday by 5:00.  It's funny.  When I called yesterday they had no record of Mom's refill request at all.  They assured me mine was on the doctor's desk and would be back with the pharmacy by 5.  A little after five the pharmacy called about something totally unrelated (to see if Mom wanted a shingles shot), and neither prescription had been received.  I got a call from the pharmacy around six to let me know Mom's was ready, but no word on mine.  Go figure.

 

Proverbs 19:11 says, "A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense."

 

Father, thanks for giving me the chance to be patient with the doctor's office.  And thanks that I didn't have to go through much pain to do it this time.  Amen.

No comments: