Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 26 – “Departure Day”

 

Well, it's finally time to head for the Hills.  Glorieta, New Mexico.  I'm not sure what form my next week of journal entries will take.  One of my fun approaches to dealing with the week is to write a goofy song that develops over the course of the week.  It eventually has the name of every camper in it, along with some of the silly or serious events that we experience together.  I accompany it on my ukulele, and every morning I bellow out a verse or two to assist our dear charges in their struggle to greet the new day.  What a wonderful, melodious way to say "Good morning," don't you think?  Anyway, it might be that I will only have enough time and creativity to get the song done.  If so, that will explain the craziness to follow.  Another factor we have to face is whether I will be able to send it at all.  They do have wifi capabilities at the camp, and I will have my air card (perhaps for its last journey), but sometimes all that goes to naught in the bowls of the canyon in the mountains. 

 

Proverbs 16:21 says, "The wise in heart are called discerning, and pleasant words promote instruction."

 

Father, take control of this trip.  Enough said.  Amen.

No comments: