Thursday, June 23, 2011

June 23 – “Shopping report”

 

Quick steroid report.  I slept some last night.  I think I finally dozed off around three.  I woke up again at 4:30, but this time I was able to get back to sleep off and on.  I finally gave up and got up at six.  WooHoo.  Let's get this day started.  Maybe I should have waited to take this round during camp. 

 

Well, once again, Mom has nothing obviously wrong.  She just doesn't feel good.  We're waiting on the results for a possible urinary tract infection again.  Chris says this time if it's positive she will demand a retest at the end of the course of antibiotics to make sure it is completely gone.

 

Back to camp.  We went to Academy yesterday to get some clothes.  My cache of shorts that were donated to me after Hurricane Ike has been rapidly becoming a collection of yard work and fishing-worthy garments.  Chris was embarrassed for me to be seen outside of our yard.   She had already picked up some stuff for her camp attire, and she wanted a few shirts to complete her wardrobe.  I finally found some that I liked and that seemed to fit OK.  Why Academy, you might ask?  I know.  You weren't even remotely poised to ask such a deeply piercing question, but I thought I would break through your reluctance and cut right to the chase.  I could say that I like the Austin Clothing brand.  That would be true, not to mention that they are pretty cheap.  Their blue jeans especially fit well – very casual feel.  But I also got one pair of shorts by that Hebrew patriarch guy, Levi.  Actually, in my mind we went to Academy because I wanted to pick up some fishing weights, too.  You know, just in case.  Gotta have the right motivation to convince us to buy clothes.

 

We got word that one of our campers dropped out.  Then we got word that another guy who is new to the area and knows no one really wants to go.  That's always a plus to introduce someone new to camp.  And to Jesus.  That connection wasn't even from another church, really.  It was through a military connection of a good friend of mine.  I guess God knew what he was doing … again.  We'll see if those details can be worked out.

 

Proverbs 16:7 says, "When a man's ways are pleasing to the Lord, he makes even his enemies live at peace with him."

 

Father, if you want this new kid to make the trip with us, please work out the details.  Amen.

No comments: