Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 25 – "Tireder and tireder"

 

Here's a quick steroid report from the last two nights.  The first one I slept all the way from midnight to 6:30 and only woke then because Cailyn called out.  That was strange.  I didn't feel particularly rested, though.  And as the day wore on I definitely felt tireder and tireder.  I know "tireder" is not a word.  Spell check told me it should be "more and more tired."  But I'm too tired to care.  That's brings me to last night.  I could really feel the high coming down around 10:30.  I got to sleep by 11:30, but I was up and at 'em at 5:20.  Let's get this packing day on the road.  Or maybe fishing day.  It's still too dark to check the webcams.

 

Had the MRI yesterday.  I was even able to fall asleep while it was going on.  I remember thinking that felt kind of scary, because it meant the steroids were wearing thin and the pain would be back soon. 

 

We left from there to pick up our niece Taylor in Wharton.  She's going to camp with us for the first time.  Exciting stuff.  I tried to do crossword puzzles, but kept falling asleep.  We had a big Whataburger lunch with Taylor and her Mom and sister, and then came home a different route.  Highway 6.  Took way longer than the usual.  Lots of traffic. 

 

Last night was kind of nice.  We stood out on the front porch and watched the Moody Gardens fireworks show.  Someone down the street was having a party.  We couldn't tell if they had a really bad live band or if they were singing karaoke.  Taylor voted for the bad band.  She said you don't get a headliner band to show up for your average backyard party.  Good point.

 

My biggest concern for today – if I don't get to go fishing – is getting one of those pill cases with morning and evening slots so I don't have to take all my pill bottles to camp.  Great getting old and arthritic.

 

Wait.  I see light outside.  I'm off to the Galveston webcam sight to see if by chance the beach is calm enough to go wade fishing. 

 

Proverbs 16:20 says, "Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord."

 

Father, I'm listening.  Amen.

No comments: