Tuesday, October 5, 2021

October 5 – “A new one”

Word from the hospital about Christina last night was that she is improving at least a little bit.  She breathes better when she lies down on her stomach, so they are working on maintaining that capacity when she rolls over and when she sits up.  I know.  Lie down.  Roll over.  Sit up.  It sounds a little like puppy training, but we are ecstatic that there is progress.  They are continuing the appropriate drug treatment plan, and they are fighting against that pneumonia specifically. 

 

I had an early meeting at church, so Chris had to do her walking alone.  Apparently several of the neighbors were out enjoying the morning.  A few of them even asked about me.  Hey, it feels good to be missed.

 

We started a new puzzle.  This one is a scene from Washington, D.C.  Not an actual scene, though.  It’s one of those cartoony kinds of pictures with all the key sights represented and crammed into one big square.  Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Smithsonian.  All the heavyweights are in there.  It’s a fun one.  Chris gave it to me for my birthday.  Shows how far behind we are with our puzzling …

 

Speaking of puzzling, I think I just figured out why my back has been bothering me lately.  Leaning over the table searching for that next elusive piece is not that great for a back that isn’t all that strong as it is.  I’ll have to watch that as I attack it some more later on. 

 

Well, we’re supposed to have water aerobics this morning at seven.  It’s 6:15 now.  I haven’t heard Chris rustling about yet.  Guess I better go check on her and see if she’s ready to brave the icy depths …

 

James 5:16 says, “Therefore confess your sins to each other so that you may be healed.  The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”

 

Father, we continue to lift up Christina to you.  Thank you for the calls and expressions of concern and assurances of prayer we have been getting on her behalf.  Amen.

No comments: