Thursday, October 21, 2021

October 21 – “A simple swish and swash”

I had an appointment with the eye doctor yesterday.  You know, the one who dilates your eyes so that every light is as bright as looking into the sun?  In fact she helped the sun along a time or two with that flashlight she shone directly in there.  When all was said and done, my prescription didn’t change very much.  Actually the only thing that did change was my up close vision, and I don’t use my glasses to read anyway.  So, no new glasses.  She did send me across the waiting room to get them to adjust the ones I do have.  The guy said the frames I have are the best ones on the market right now.  They must have been way ahead of their time.  I bought them many years ago. 

 

Chris had the same appointment, but in the afternoon.  She is Ok as far as her vision goes, but she is rapidly approaching time to get her cataracts taken care of.  We’ll see how long she can hold out on that one. 

 

Chris’ big struggle came after she left the eye doc and headed over for her dreaded … Covid test.  It’s required for any hospital procedure.  She’s having one of “those” tomorrow.  But back to the test.  Her test administrator was Brittany.  I mention her name, because apparently she was amazing.  No brain swabs on Brittany’s watch.  She managed to get what she needed with a simple swish and swash.  Chris already has plans to request her next time.

 

Christina update:  I’ll just copy what Kel posted.

She finally relaxed.  I can see it in her eyes when she’s not anxious any more.  She’s up talking.  Eating.  She called Micah to give school directions (He followed that line by adding a laughing emoji).  She got out of bed to sit in the chair to eat. 

 

All in all, it continues to sound promising.  She still has the five or six more days of antibiotics, and a long haul of home rehab ahead of her, but she is moving forward.  Keep those prayers coming.

 

Psalm 23:6 says, “Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”

 

Father, thank you for the great news from the Christina front.  Please be with the kids as they make it through another week with Mom gone.  Help them get going on their schoolwork, and grant them patience with each other.  Amen.

No comments: