Wednesday, October 13, 2021

October 13 – “How’s this for some news?”

How’s this for some news?  The docs are beginning to transition Christina out of the ICU again.  That means she has started sitting up in a chair more, walking, eating regular meals, etc., etc.  They are weaning her off of the oxygen as well.  We texted her from Jachin’s baseball game last night, and she responded with a request to let him know she was following the team feed.  The request was followed, of course, by a heart emoji.  There is a chance she may even get out of ICU today.  Kel’s quarantine stay ends today as well (So does Noa and Ezra’s).  He is planning to be at the hospital as soon as he can get there tomorrow.  This is all tremendous news, but keep on praying.  She still has a long rehab ahead of her.

 

I went to water exercise by myself again yesterday.  Chris just can’t get past the water being cold.  And with it being really cloudy, she would have been uncomfortable for sure.  And speaking of uncomfortable, the teacher was … not my preferred choice.  This time she was wearing a cowboy hat.  Kept it on the whole time.  Oh, and sunglasses, too.  I just knew we would be expected to do the Cotton-eyed Joe in the water. 

 

Ever had one of those days when a song gets stuck in your head?  I don’t mean a song you just heard on the radio, or one that was always your favorite.  I mean a totally random, wake up and it’s in there and won’t go away kind of intruder.  I had one yesterday.  Bad, Bad Leroy Brown.  No clue why this one entered the best hits category of my brain. 

 

I went for a haircut yesterday.  On the way I noticed a random guy on the side of road with his large duffel bag.  He appeared to be talking to someone.  But there was no someone.  I of course assumed he was on the phone.  But he had nothing in either hand.  Well, nowadays there are those hands-free ear bud things you cram in your ear.  But I passed really close to him, and I couldn’t detect any of those, either.  Now why would I become so enamored by this guy?  I suppose it was his … demeanor.  He was ranting and raving and pacing and flailing his arms all about.  He was obviously screaming at whoever – or whatever – it was he was in disagreement with.  I certainly hope he was able to resolve the issue.  He was gone when I made my return trip. 

 

We had an issue with one of the door locks at church.  Happens all the time at one of the doors.  This one was one of the “good” ones, though.  And the problem wasn’t so much that the loc stuck.  The issue was that it chose to get stuck – with the key inside already.  And the key wouldn’t come out.  I finally got in a different door using Chris’ key.  Had to use the hand-dandy, trusty pair of pliers we keep ready for just such and occasion.  Oh, and WD40.  Gotta have a spritz of that WD40.

 

I mentioned Jachin’s baseball game.  That became the cap to our day.  He played at their home field in Houston.  Jachin started at first base.  Always does a great job there.  One inning he even had all three putouts.  Later in the game he came in to pitch with the bases loaded and no outs.  He proceeded to shut down the rally with three straight outs.  Very impressive. 

 

We were more than ready to collapse into bed when we finally got home sometime around eleven.  Way past our bedtime …

 

1 John 4:15 says, “If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God.”

 

Father, thank you for the great news about Christina.  Give her stamina mixed with patience as she begins her rehab now.  Amen.

2 comments:

The Goddess said...

Maybe that fellow was, in fact, Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown.

Unknown said...

Has Chris thought about a wet suit? I where one when I teach in anything less than bathtub warm!!