Thursday, October 14, 2021

October 14 – “Face to face”

We began our day together enough.  We walked Chris’ three-mile course around the neighborhood.  We even had a bite of lunch together.  But that’s pretty much where we separated ways and approached the day from separate angles.

 

I had the most boring part of the day, I’m sure.  I stayed in my office at home and worked.  My primary task was to wade through an insurance document that Cathy sent over concerning the church and its liability coverage.  Basically, I had to go through and see if I knew the answers to some of the most obscure questions.  Things like, “Does the church have any aluminum wiring?”  I don’t know if what is under the walls is made of aluminum or chocolate pudding.  Fortunately we have had some electrical work done recently, so I called on our amazing handyman Ed and our retired electrician Jim for that answer.  Neither had seen anything like that in their opportunities to mine the depths of our hallowed walls.  I think between Kel and I we can come up with answers for what is currently in place and what we hope to have in place very soon. 

 

Chris, on the other hand, hand quite the eventful day.  She first took Josiah to a doctor’s appointment.  That meant a trip to LaMarque to pick him up, then a drive to Galveston to the appointment, then back to LaMarque.  Glad she enjoys driving.  Next she monitored Noa as she had a Zoom class to attend.  Sounded like it was a convoluted mix of at least six weeks of grammar lessons.  She was on that call for over an hour, too.  That just seemed really long.  But then, it also sounds like Noa handled it like a trooper.  Next Chris took Noa and Ezra to karate class.  That lasted until after seven.  Then she saw to it that they were fed and readied for bed. 

 

And why was Chris called into such service?  Because Kel was finally cleared from his Covid quarantine.  Three guesses where he headed as soon as he could?  Yep.  He finally got to see Christina “face to face,” in his words.  Absolutely nothing like human touch over FaceTime.  And speaking of Christina, the other news is … well, since I started with his words, let me allow him to continue:

 

“I got to see Christina face to face today!  She’s greatly improved.  Forced air is at minimal levels.  Her numbers are staying where they should be.  They will transfer her out of ICU as soon as there’s a spot available.  At this point she’s only in ICU because there isn’t a spot at the step down unit!

Thank you for the continued prayers.  Please keep praying she continues to heal.”

 

Isaiah 54:10 says, “’Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,’ says the Lord, who has compassion on you.”

 

Father, thank you for the amazing news about Christina.  Please complete the work of healing that has begun in her.  Amen.

1 comment:

dave Anderson said...

Thanks for the update 🙏🙏🙏