Saturday, May 4, 2024

May 4 - “Pies de resistance?”


No exercise of any kind in the house yesterday. Total day off. My back was ecstatic. 


We spent a lot of time researching our upcoming travels. Waco and possibly points westward here in a few weeks. Michigan and points northward come September and October. 


Then next year begins our really big 50th anniversary everything year. Eastern Caribbean cruise. Astros spring training trip to Florida. And the “pies de resistance,” a possibly maybe Mediterranean cruise. Never have figured out how pies could provide resistance. Or why. Isn’t their purpose in this world to break down willpower resistance?  


We did spend a lot of time planning out the first one. I stared at a map of New Mexico until my eyes crossed. There were numerous National Parks we haven’t been to yet, starting with one that’s actually in Texas. That trip should be fun. Hope we can make it work. 


2 Corinthians‬ ‭12‬:‭9‬ ‭ says, But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


Father, thanks for possibilities. They make life interesting. Amen. 

No comments: