Monday, May 27, 2024

May 27 - “Way to go, Wyatt!”


We were able to hang out at the hotel for the morning. That meant we were also able to watch the Sunday service at Columbus Avenue Baptist Church in Waco. That was a big deal for us. Several reasons. Zak read scripture. Caleb played keyboard and sang in the youth praise band. Luke cheered them on. And to top it all off, AnnaGrace made public her profession of faith in Jesus. Baptism details to come later. And later in the day Caleb and Luke had a piano recital and of course rocked it. Quite the exciting day, to be sure. 


Shortly thereafter we had some guests knock at the door. Serena and Mike and Wyatt, along with my brother Jay, were here to hang out for a while. It was fun catching up with them. 


After they left we decided to drive over to a nearby Subway. We split a footlong, which essentially means we each had a totally different six-inch. Easy enough. Well, until we got in the car and were backing out to return to the hotel. Bump. Yep. Fender bender with the car parked behind us. Well, as it turned out, not so much fender bender as, here’s a tiny sample of my car paint for you to examine. Aaaand upon closer inspection, the other guy wiped off all traces. I offered my insurance card, but he refused. Couldn’t find any evidence to give them. Whew. 


About mid-afternoon we headed over to the basketball arena of Texas Tech University. Wyatt was graduating from high school along with six hundred plus of his closest friends.  My favorite name among all the creative names we heard, though, was actually a young lady named Natalie Rain Cloud. No idea if that’s how she spelled it, but it sure struck me as masterful. Way to go, Natalie’s parents. I wasn’t able to last the entire couple of hours sitting. I got up after Wyatt walked and made my way around the arena a time or two. I confess, I also kept track of the Astros game on my phone. So … victory on both counts. Way to go, Astros, and I’m proud of you, Wyatt. 


We closed out the night with some Mexican food with the family at Rosa’s. We’ve eaten at their restaurant in Waco before, so we were kind of familiar with it. We almost closed the place down just talking. But Wyatt had to get to his graduation after-party. And we have an appointment at 1:15 back at Carlsbad Caverns today, so we needed some beauty sleep. Probably didn’t help me much. Chris, on the other hand, is prettier than ever. 


Jeremiah‬ ‭31‬:‭25‬ ‭ says, For I have given rest to the weary and joy to the sorrowing.

‭‭

Father, thanks for you for Wyatt’s graduation achievement. Be with him now as he attacks his next level of studies, and guide his decisions for his future. Amen. 

No comments: