Thursday, February 29, 2024

February 29 - “A new twin friend”


We did our two miler yesterday. And before we ever got started, one of our neighbors who was on a walk of her own stopped us to talk. She shared that her mom is literally on her deathbed. Probably a matter of just days. She asked me if I thought Mom needed some sort of last rites. I pointed out that last rites was more of a Catholic tradition. Mom was Episcopalian, and not very religious one way or another. Kind of sad, actually. I encouraged her to do what she could to see that Mom had made her peace with God and given her life to Jesus. When we parted ways, Chris gave her a warm hug. We’ll be praying for her. 


In the afternoon we had to make a Walmart shopping run. Just some general grocery stuff. Bananas, of course. Numerous other random things on Chris’ list. Oh, and we had to pick up a few prescriptions for Sam. 


Randall’s was also on the list. Two reasons to go there. We needed gas in the car for our trip to San Antonio tomorrow. But the main reason? Blue Bell on sale, of course. At the gas pump, a guy saw my “Limited edition 1953” hat and asked if that applied to me. I assured him it did, and with a big grin he added, “That’s me, too. 70 years old?”  Yep, 70 indeed, my new twin friend. 


Daniel‬ ‭12‬:‭3‬ ‭ says, And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky above; and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.


Father, please be with our neighbor as she walks with her mom through her last moments. Thank you for her great spirit. Amen. 

No comments: