Thursday, February 1, 2024

February 1 - “Quite the pair”

 

We started our day off a little differently. Chris was given some hip-specific exercises the other day at her PT appointment, so she worked her way through them. I pulled out my list of back exercises and did them. We were quite the pair. 


She and Sam left around ten for their respective medical appointments up in Texas. I volunteered to stay behind. Hey. Somebody had to make the sacrifice. I did use the time wisely. First I actually took a walk. One miler. I did stop about halfway through when one of our neighbors, an elderly lady, came out to say hi. She told me she has stopped Chris a time or two, and was getting worried about me. I told her about my surgery. Hey. That’s something all of us elderly understand. Surgeries. Aches and pains. Oh, and grandkids. Can’t forget grandkids. 


The girls’ day turned into a real girls’ DAY. All day. Chris went first, and hers went pretty much as expected for her mammogram. All was clear, by the way. After some lunch Sam’s chemo was up to the plate. The place that administered it was really crowded, though. As a result … they were there all afternoon. She finally finished up, but they didn’t get home until around six. 


We were treated during supper to a surprise visit from someone really special. None other than Ezra came by with his mom. He was scheduled for a sleep study here in Galveston, and they were a little early. That little dude is always a lot of fun. Thanks for coming by, Ezra. 


Luke‬ ‭12‬:‭15‬ ‭ says, And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”


Father, thank you for the better half of our “quite the pair.”  Bless her. Amen. 

No comments: