Thursday, February 15, 2024

February 15 - “Ash Valentine??”


I convinced Chris to take a few days off from her intense walking regimen. That combined with the twisting and stretching courtesy of her physical therapist has left her back in knots. She’s ok just sitting. It’s the standing up and starting to walk that gets her. 


But allow me to back up just a bit. I did take my usual very early morning (6:30 a.m.-ish) Valentine’s Day trip for flowers for Chris. And while I was there, I also got Sam some sweets for the Sweet. Hey, I have two lovely Valentine ladies to spoil now. 


Speaking of spoiling, Chris gave me a brand new pair of black pants. She’s always after me to wear black pants because they go with anything. I love them. That way I don’t have to try to match anything. 


Last night we had an Ash Wednesday service at the church. I did one for years when I was pastor, primarily as an opportunity to teach folks from the evangelical tradition more about what happens in churches of a different tradition. We had a lot of new people there who have never heard the teaching before. Thats what makes it all worthwhile. 


We are heading out extremely early this morning. We’re going to watch Zak and Caleb play in a big regional basketball tournament. Yawn. Is it my turn to drive yet?


2 Corinthians‬ ‭5‬:‭21‬ says, For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.


Father, please keep us safe on the trek today and our return tomorrow amen. 

No comments: