Sunday, February 18, 2024

February 18 - “Accosted”


We arrived home around 9:30 p.m. or so. Chris drove the first leg during what little daylight was left, then on into the early hours of darkness. She was determined to make it to Buc-ees, our traditional middle point. After a bathroom and food break, I took over driving and got us home. The Holy Spirit was truly watching over us. 


The late night didn’t stop early rising, though. I had one bout with a hamstring cramp, then around 4:30 I felt a tiny little scratching on my arm. It was Freddy pawing at my arm to get me to move over so she could snuggle in between us. Didn’t really blame her though. It got down to 49 degrees here. Guess she was cold.  


I was the one who was tapped to get into the cold first. Chris had a prescription ready to be picked up at Randall’s. She asked me to get it, and of course I am willing to do anything she asks of me. 


It was easy enough to get the prescription. No problem there at all. But …


As I approached the interior foyer of the store, I was mercilessly accosted. By whom, you may ask?  I was veritably attacked, helplessly overwhelmed by … sweetness … adorableness… cuteness. 


Yep. Girl Scout cookies sales are in full swing, and they were throwing their best at me as I entered. I assured them I would respond - no doubt affirmatively - when I completed my transactions within. And in a word (or two) … I did. Thin Mints and Lemon Snaps. Yessssss.


John‬ ‭3‬:‭16‬ says, For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.


Father, thank you for our safe trip home. And take care of this cute little Girl Scouts out there. Amen. 

No comments: