Tuesday, February 8, 2022

February 8 – “92 years old”

Whoa.  I slept in yesterday.  I mean, really slept in.  I roused a bit at my usual 5:30 but managed to fight it off.  I finally made it all the way to 7:17.  That’s definitely a record, at least for me. 

 

We were back to taking a walk again.  It’s been a long time.  A long, cold time.  We waited until midday, though.  Way better to walk when it is 60 degrees than when it is 47.  Did I mention it has been cold around here?  Along the way we stopped and chatted with one of our neighbors.  He usually just smiles and waves and encourages us on our way.  This time he called out and asked where we had been.  And he followed that by jumping out of his chair and coming out to the street.  We had to stop then.  Come to find out, he has had many of the same procedures Chris has had.  He is one ahead of her, though.  He already has a pacemaker.  The two of them shared personal horror stories – er, I mean – medical procedures reports.  He is now 92 years old.  Looks great and seems to get along really well.  Pretty good advertisement/encouragement for Chris.  For me, too.  In fact, after the walk my smart watch congratulated me.  Seems I had just set a new record for most calories burned during a workout.  No idea how many that was.  Still haven’t learned to read that part of the record-keeping.

 

In the afternoon we faced a bit of a dilemma.  Jachin had a baseball game and Cailyn had a basketball game at essentially the same time.  Cailyn won out this time.  It was her last game of the season.  Jachin has quite a few more.  Plus, we plan to follow his team on two major tournament road trips this season.  One is to Mansfield, our old stomping grounds.  The other is a bit farther away … Florida.  I think we’ll get to see him play quite a bit.  As the games turned out, Jachin’s team lost by one run in a nail-biter.  We got to see the live stream of a few innings of that one.  Nice hit, Jachin.  Cailyn’s team, however, dominated their opponent and won by almost 20 points.  Great way to end their seventh-grade season.  

 

Hebrews 4:12 says, “For the word of God is alive and active.  Sharper than any two-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing souls and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”

 

Father, please be with that neighbor of ours.  Help him continue to have a full and fun life.  Amen.

No comments: