Tuesday, February 22, 2022

February 22 – “Nap, nap … done”

Happy birthday, George.  And Happy Twos Day.  2-22-22.  Everybody set your alarm for 2 p.m., go out in the front yard wherever you are and yell, “Happy twos day!”  Really celebrate.

 

Now back to our final day in Waco.  We just relaxed in the morning yesterday while Josh went to a meeting at work.  And by “relaxed” I mean I took a nap.  This one happened while I was sitting on the couch.  Just snuck up and completely overwhelmed me.  I could get used to this nap thing.  One in the morning … done.

 

Chris spent some time playing with AnnaGrace.  I’m not sure what all they did, but at one time they were tossing a glider airplane back and forth across the living room.  For a good ten minutes.  Looked like fun.  I got in a throw or two when crashes happened to occur near – or on – me.  Of course the airport couldn’t open until Luke was willing to take a break from the indoor living room basketball court. 

 

We had lunch at Jason’s Deli.  Great place for good food, if you’re every around done.  I really like their potato soup.  Deli sandwich is good, too.  And they have free ice cream cones.  Josh brought us a surprise gift from the office.  It was a collection of construction paper cards telling “congratulations on your retirement.”  Who from?  Some of the little kiddos we met when we went to children’s camp with them.  Thanks, guys.  We love you.  After lunch Josh headed back to work.  We went on back to the house to pack up and head home.

 

We made our usual stop at Buc-ees for a bathroom break.  Strangely, that’s all it was this time.  We had plenty of gas.  Neither of us wanted a snack, so no caramel coated cashews or popcorn or BLT sandwich.  We decided to wait until home for supper.  Shortest Buc-ees stop ever.  Oh, and while Chris drove, I did my best to read the latest John Grisham book.  I confess, though, that I did have a hard time staying awake.  Not because of the book.  It’s a really good book.  It’s just what I do when I’m a passenger in the car.  Well, that, and I think my afternoon body was feeling a little jealous that my morning body got to take a nap.  Challenge accepted.  Nap in the afternoon … done.

 

Oh, and one last thing … as great as it always is to see the Waco branch of the family, it was good to be back home.

 

Luke 16:10 says, “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.”

 

Father, thank you for our safe journey to Waco and back.  It was a good choice to wait those few weeks when it was so icy up there.  Amen.

No comments: