Sunday, February 20, 2022

February 20 - “A bonus life experience “

Luke assured me on Friday that, in his words, “It’s OK, DadDad. Tomorrow it will be ok for you to sleep in. In fact you can sleep in until at least eleven. My game is not until five o’clock.”  Why such a magnanimous gesture? That’s the latest in the day he has ever played a game. See, this is the all star game. Yep. He made the 8-year old all star team.  Oh, and as for the encouragement? I made it until 7. 

 

Before the game we joined Josh for a trip to Target for a curbside pickup. Christi called it in or did the app or however that works. Our first time to make one of those curbside pickups. Let it be known … I didn’t like it. I want to see people. 

 

Once we were all good and awake, Chris and I went with Josh to take MaddieBelle (their chocolate lab) on a walk. Around the corner, to the park, once around the track they have out there, and back to the house. According to our watch/phone tracker, it was a mile and a half. MaddieBelle was barely winded.  As for us?  We’ll, let’s just check that one off of our workout list. 

 

Yesterday afternoon I did something I haven’t done in a very long time. I plopped myself down in the bed and took an afternoon nap. Now read my words carefully so I don’t get in trouble with Chris. The unusual part of that statement is the location, not the act. The act of afternoon napping has been known to happen on occasion.  Just not usually in the bed. 

 

Our bonus life experience (aka I didn’t know about it) of getting to watch Luke play in his all star game was really exciting. The score was pretty close going onto the third quarter. 6-3 bad guys, I think. But then Luke re-entered the game after resting for a quarter while his team’s defense held the opponent scoreless but couldn’t score either. Luke then took over the game. He proceeded to score 7 fourth quarter points. Good guy win 10-6. Luke single-handedly outscored the entire other team. That’s my boy. 

 

Psalms 46:10 says, “He says, ‘Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.’”

 

Father, thank you for bonus experiences. I look forward to lots more. Amen

No comments: