Tuesday, February 15, 2022

February 15 – “An incurable romantic”

I’ve been struggling a bit this morning in getting started writing something.  Why?  Not sure, really, but I think it may have something to do with the fact that we are out of bananas right now.  See, munching on a banana is how I start my day.  Every day.  Well, I’m not sure you can call what you do with a banana actually “munching.”  They are too mushy.  More like gumming, except with teeth.  But I have a routine to establish here in retirement, right?  And that means … start the day with a massive hunk of natural potassium.  Prevents leg cramps, or so I’m told. 

 

But on with the look at our day yesterday.  Oh, I know it was Valentine’s Day.  And yes, we already had our dress-up date and all.  But I’m still a bit of a romantic.  We took a nice, romantic walk around the neighborhood.  Two miles, to be exact.  Checked it off on our exercise chart, too.  Not that we were walking for exercise or anything.  Strictly romance.  Back at home we exchanged gifts.  That’s romantic, too, right?  No, really.  She got me a coffee mug attached with those evil store zip ties to a very cool sock monkey holding a heart.  That right there is romantic.  I gave her a charm for her James Avery bracelet.  It was an anchor with a heart on it.  She is the anchor upon which I have hung my heart.  Hey, I promised you romance today …

 

We did get a few things done around here that may or may not have counted toward the romantic theme for the day.  I worked on the Bible study for home group.  Chris worked on thank you notes.  I also did some work on that sailboat jigsaw puzzle.  Hmm.  Sailing away together … that dream counts as romantic, even though there is no way we would want to do that unless the boat is a cruise ship.  Oh, and we put the finishing touches on our income taxes for last year.  Ready to send in.  And we did it together, so … romance.  What can I say?  I’m an incurable romantic.

 

Matthew 3:8 says, “Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.”

 

Father, thank you for planting love in my heart for Chris and for doing the same over in hers for me.  Quite a gift.  Amen.

No comments: