Thursday, February 3, 2022

February 3 – “Happy Two’s Day”

I almost missed the whole Groundhog Day scenario yesterday.  Thanks to a friend who texted to wish me a happy … well, here’s what he said:

“Happy Two’s Day, professional beach bum!  2/2/22”
Thanks for the reminder, Cameron.  I understand the groundhog Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow.  So the Northwest gets six more weeks of winter.  Not so for Carmella Crab.  It was way too foggy here in Galveston for her to even know if she was in the water or out.  Surely we are about done around here.  Of course, it’s supposed to be in the 30’s and dangerously close to freezing this weekend …

 

My new Retirement Clock has an interesting way to put in the battery.  You have to remove the face of the clock, which pulls off with all the innards, leaving just the wood casing.  Fascinating.  Problem was, I couldn’t get the face off.  The only instructions were that a suction cup worked best.  So we went to WalMart to see if such a creation actually existed.  And to our surprise, there was a suction-mounted bathroom hook that looked like it would work.  Sadly, it was exactly the same size as the clock face, which meant it couldn’t get its suction to make a grip.  It was close enough, though, that I figured out a way to make it work.  The clock is now humming away on the shelf, reminding me that … well, that I don’t really have to be anywhere in particular. 

 

We also went by Randall’s to pick up a prescription.  This one was for me.  The older guy in front of us – OK, he was probably our age – was complaining about his young whippersnapper doctor who must be all of 38 or 39 years old.  “Just a kid, you know?”  I think we must have the same doctor.  My guy’s a youngster as well.  And the funny thing is, I have heard myself saying the same things about him to Chris.  Not that I don’t trust him.  I just don’t want him messing with the system of medications I have been using for years.  If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.  That’s basically what my cohort was saying as well.  I’m with you, my friend.

 

Matthew 5:44 says, “But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.”

 

Father, thank you for my buddy Cameron and his reminder text yesterday.  There’s something about knowing the day that allows you to enjoy it to its fullest.  Bless him.  Amen.

No comments: