Friday, February 25, 2022

February 25 – “Back to her antics”

Chris was back to her usual Thursday antics yesterday.  By antics I mean working out at cardiac rehab, of course.  She was the second car in the parking lot this time.  In fact, the person scheduled after her had canceled, so she had the entire room as well as the technician to herself for pretty much her whole workout.  She’s pretty special, you know.

 

Back at the house, I discovered I had more work to do on our income tax.  I received an email from our new accountant.  She had five or six specific questions or requests for more information.  She also made some helpful suggestions.  It all sounded like small stuff, but wading through all our receipts and other papers to find what she was asking for just took a very long time. 

 

Later in the day I spent some time working on our new evil puzzle.  Here’s reporting that we have actually found a few pieces that fit together.  And I have identified two (and maybe all four) of the actual outer corner pieces (I think).  Actually … I don’t have any idea.  I’m working by color right now, and those of you who know me understand that working by color is not exactly the best idea for someone who can’t really tell the difference between shades.  Ah, well.  There are some lines that make up lettering that I can try to match up …

 

Home group was back in full swing again, although we did have a few missing.  Lauren was getting ready to head for Oklahoma again for her grandfather’s funeral.  Janell and Brennan were at baseball practice.  Yep.  I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again … February is not the month for baseball practice.  Too cold.  At least these little guys are actually playing, though.  Looks better than sitting at a bargaining table.  We also prayed for the folks in Ukraine.  Not looking good for them.

 

1 Peter 5:10 says, “And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.”

 

Father, please be with Lauren on her trip to Oklahoma.  And walk with the family through this tough time.  Amen.

No comments: